Dude Coffee and Smoke
Smoke, coffee and chocolate are some of my favourite things, and work so well together if done right, I’m a huge fan of them as a combo with some good beef ribs, and you will often see me bbq’ing with a mocha rub, especially on thick juicy Mocha Short Ribs. So I was pretty excited when Tim Shapcott from Dude Coffee and Smoke asked if I’d be interested in trying out one of his gift boxes, and very intrigued as to what he would send, and how it would work.
Well I received the pack above, the Aqua Gift Box containing:
- 250g of cafetiere ground Colombian Suarez coffee.
- 100g of amazing small batch artisan 70% dark chocolate topped with a load of mixed nuts
- 40g pouch of Dude Coffee and Smoke BBQ rub. Give your BBQ or kitchen cooking an extra BBQ style depth with this rub seasoning featuring single origin coffee
- 60g bag of whiskey oak and apple smoking wood to give your BBQ cooking an authentic smoke flavour
- Coffee tasting notes card
- BBQ Chicken recipe card. A simple recipe that makes amazing use of our rub and the choice of smoking wood
- All packaged in a wooden crate
- Everything in the box is made by local, independent producers.
It was a lovely pack and for £20 would make a lovely gift, especially in the run up to Christmas for a BBQ fanatic.
The quality of the contents was well thought out and first rate, and all the flavours of each item had a lovely theme running through, the coffee was nutty and chocolatey, so was the chocolate, with a hint of smoke, and as I sat in my BBQ den with a nice coffee, a chunk of the nutty chocolate, watching the smoke from the wood chips rolling over the beef ribs, that had the very nice cumin scented Dude rub on them…
I sat thinking to myself, life really doesn’t get much better…
I’m a huge fan of combining flavours and supportive of anyone creating a business out of something they love, and this is certainly the case with Dude Coffee and Smoke.
The ribs turned out good too…
There are 3 boxes available, the Aqua above, the Purple Box, which is all cherries and berries, and the lighter decaf Reb box.
As said earlier, they’d make some great presents for a BBQ lover.
I was sent the box for free, but was free to try and review as I wished.